The Perfume Pagoda is one of the most important religious sites in Buddhist Vietnam. Every spring thousands of pilgrims come here to pray for all the health and prosperity they need to get them through the coming year. The pagoda itself is built into limestone cliffs and can only be reached by boat or on foot, as there are no roads into the area.
Float by boat along scenic waterways and walk up mountain paths visiting the pagodas and temples that were built in this area over the centuries. Departing Hanoi we have a two hour drive through the picturesque countryside and back roads to the village of Duc for some refreshments before boarding our boats for a 1.5 hour ride along the scenic Yen River. After this we walk to the Thien Tru Pagoda (Heavens Kitchen) and the Perfume Cave and Pagoda – one hour walking in total.
On our return, we visit Giai Oan and Tuyet Son Pagodas. Lunch will be at one of the little food stalls near Thien Tru Pagoda. After lunch the boat will take us back to our bus for the drive back to Hanoi.
- Departure: Daily
- Pick-up time: 08.00 am
- Drop-off time: 05.30 pm
- Pick-up & Drop-off: Your Hotel
- Tour Type: Join Tour
- Price: 30 USD/ pax (Join Tour)
- If you don’t like trekking, Plus 10 USD more to use cable car
- Explore One of the famous Buddhism landscape in Vietnam
- Enjoy river cruising
- 08.00: Pick up you at hotel in Hanoi, then depart for Ben Ngu Harbor. On arrival, get a Vietnamese conical hat, gliding along scenic waterway.
- Visit Den Trinh Ngu Nhac. Walk up mountain paths visit Huong Tich Main cave and complex of Pagoda & Temple.
- 12.00: Have lunch at Vietnamese Restaurant.
- Visit Thien Tru pagoda which architectures dated back to 15th century.
- Boat trip back Ben Duc boat harbor; Bus ride back Hanoi
- 17.30: Drop at your hotel; End service