Dalat is located in Lam Dong province, approximately 200 km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City. At an elevation of 1,500 m, Dalat bears the look of an Old French city. It was founded in 1897 when Doctor Alexandre Yersin recommended that the area be developed as a resort town.
Dalat has many natural and artificial lakes such as Ho Xuan Huong, Than Tho, Da Thien, and Tuyen Lam bordered by lines of pine trees, which are a well-known feature of Dalat.
A trip to Dalat is not complete until one goes to the Dalat Flower Gardens. The temperate climate of Dalat is suitable for flowers such as orchids, roses, lilies, and camellias.
Nowadays, tourists not only limit themselves to Dalat; they also visit the area of Langbian Highland and the ethnic minorities. Langbian Mountain’s highest peak at 2,165 m is very tempting for climbers. From Lom Bieng Klo peak, one can see endless green mountains reflecting the silver rays of the sun. Many tours are organized in the area, includingparachuting and climbing.
- Departure time: 08:30 Am
- Pick up location: Your hotel or at our office
- Finish time: 4:30 Pm
- Duration: 01 day
- Type: daily and Join tour
- Price: $ 28 US /pax
- What to Bring: hat, sunscreen, repellence, camera, comfortable walking shoes.
- Fresh flowers and coffee beans : Flowers and coffee, the biggest export business for Da Lat. I especially love that they have they favourite flowers, baby’s breath! Especially since this is the first time I’ve seen it in its natural surroundings.
Also, the first time I’ve seen coffee beans being processed from plant to dried beans. It’s kinda unexpectedly red and green on the outside but gluey and yellow on the inside. In fact, if you see closely at the picture above, our guide has actually broken the skin of some beans, for us to compare the differences.
- Silk factory:Since many Asian countries produce silk, and most of their tours include a visit to a silk factory, I shan’t dwell into the details of its process.
However, do you know that silkworms are edible? In fact they tastes like peanuts, or earthworms if you have ever tasted them. I tried one of them boiled, although the Vietnamese people usually have them fried, and I totally regretted not having shot a video of the experience!!!
- Elephant Waterfalls
- Slippery and muddy
- Underneath the waterfalls
- Crazy house
- If you love the peaceful atmosphere of the nature, this tour is designed just for you.
- In the morning, you can enjoy fresh air on the way to flower farms to get closer to daily lives of local people. Many kinds of flowers are planted here to make our life more beautiful!
- We will continue to cross Ta Nung pass, enjoy the whole view of Nam Ban town and the mighty sight of huge jungle.
- Let stop to visit tea and coffee plantation and learn about coffee making process then take a walk around K’ Ho minority village.
- The most interesting thing of this tour is the Silk Factory. Our tour guide will show you how silkworms grow and take a tour around the factory to see how the silk is made.
- Next, you can enjoy the imposing wild scene of Elephant waterfall – the widest waterfall of Lam Dong province.
- Climbing up to the hill through the cement stairs, you will see a solemn pagoda – Linh An pagoda with two august dragons flanking two sides.
- Then touching the huge Happy Buddha can bring you happiness and luck basing on the belief of local people.
- Have you ever try local rice wine? Let find out how they make it and taste a little bit! Cricket farm is the last place of countryside.
- On the way back to Dalat, you will visit Crazy House – one of the ten strange houses on the World with special architecture.