70 km northwest away from HCM City, Cu Chi tunnels are a popular tourist destination for domestic and foreign tourists. The system is about 200 km long tunnel, including accommodation, meeting rooms, clinics, kitchens, storage of weapons and ventilation.
Along with a tenacious fighting spirit of the locals, Cu Chi truly worthy of the name “Land of the steel.” Nowadays, to visit Ben Dinh tunnels, you experience the past life under ground of local people in guerrilla wars. That’s why tourists can not ignore the Cu Chi tunnels when arriving in Ho Chi Minh City. Ben Dinh Tunnel system was ranked the historic national in 2004.
- Departure 8.00 AM
- Return 2:00 PM
- Duration: half day
- Type: Private Tour
|Price||85usd||45 usd||35 usd||30 usd||22 usd|
- Visit the former Viet Minh underground stronghold at Cu Chi Tunnel.
- The extensive tunnel system here provides great tenacity and resourcefulness of Vietnamese people.
- Departure Time: 8.30 AM
- Leaving Saigon we drive through pleasant countryside before arriving at Cu Chi.
- Before entering the tunnels we watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed.
- We then spend the next hour exploring part of the tunnel system to gain a little understanding of what it was like during war time.
- Also on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500 pound bombs dropped by B52 bombers.
- For those interested there is an opportunity to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range.
- Leave Cu Chi at noon time for Ho Chi Minh City. Arrive back Ho Chi Minh City at 2:00PM