“Hoi An Free Tour” is a local university students organization who offer as free bicycle tours to unexplored countryside in Hoi An such as Kim Bong Village, Tra Que Vegetable Village and Cam Thanh Water Coconut Palm Village. You can bike around villages and see stunning rural scenes, rice paddies, fishing villages, fields of water buffalo and Bamboo Bridge. You will learn and get many insides which are never written on guide books. It’s all about a cultural exchange and giving the volunteer students opportunities to practice their English language skills through outdoor activities
- Explore REAL countryside of Vietnam
- Interact with local people: children at kindergarten, farmers and fisherman
- Discover REAL Vietnamese local life
- Visit Kim Bong Carpentry village, making boat’s workshop, Cam Kim market
- Visit Duy Vinh sleeping mat village, rice paper factory, tropical fruit garden and rice field
- Many photo opportunities
- Unique experience
- It’s FREE except for the cost of ferry and local community support
- Why FREE: Volunteer students who join you to share their town and practice English
Meeting point: 591 Hai Ba Trung St, Hoi An (Office of Yourlocalbooking.com)
Only on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
Max 20 pax/ tour
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +84 905 164 397 ( Ms. Tam)
Include: Local English speaking guide
- Local ferry: 20,000VND/ 2 ways (1USD)
- Support local community: 30,000 VND/ 1 pax
- Bicycle rental (Option): 30,000 VND/ 1 day (1.5USD)
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Rain Ponchos in case of rain
There are several half day options for you to choose from. Most tours start around 8.30 AM and finish around 12.30PM.
Option 1: Kim Bong Bicycle Tour. Visit Kim Bong Carpentry village, making boat’s workshop, Cam Kim market. Visit Duy Vinh sleeping mat village, rice paper factory, tropical fruit garden, and rice field.
Option 2: Hoi An Food Tour. If you are a food lover and want an interesting way to try HoiAn street food, Hoi An food tour is a great initiation. Hoi An Food Tour will give you a chance to discover street food which you would not get if you were just a tourist walking around by yourself. Price 35 USD/ pax.
Note: Food Tour is run by our sponsor who is the founder of Hoi An Free Tour. There will be big discount 10% if you booked it through us. Please provide your booking code from Hoi An Free Tour to get 10% discount. Price: 31 USD/ 1 pax
Option 3: Tra Que bicycle Tour. Visit Tra Que vegetable village, go to local market, learn Vietnam Agriculture and prepare lunch as a real local
- Backpackers in Hoi An for 1 day : The plan with useful handy items for parents and kids will surely make your trip more awesome
- 1 day in Hoi An : A great itinerary helps you to discover the most beautiful side of Hoi An with kids for just 1 day. Let’s check it out!
- What to do in Hoi An for 2 days : The 2-day plan in Hoi An for backpackers is a perfect option to help you save as much as money you can
- Hoi An with kids for 2 days : You’re looking for things to do with kids for 2 days in Hoi An, this plan is for you. These handpicked details and notes will definitely bring the most memorable time to your family in Hoi An.
- Things to do in Hoi An for 3 days : This itinerary boasts all needed information for your next holiday in Hoi An, the prettiest city in Viet Nam.
- A 4-day journey with kids in Hoi An : How can you spend 4 days in a small city as Hoi An? Look at this plan and make your way to this hidden treasure of Viet Nam.
- 4 days in Hoi An: Want to get away from touristy attractions and head to calm rural areas? This 4-day trip to Hoi An for backpackers is all you need to be greatly amused by the beauty of Hoi An.
HOW TO BOOK A TOUR
Riding a bike is the best way to see the very best of Hoi An and its countryside. With your expert guide you will set off on a 17 km (10 mile) ride through Duy Hai Fishing Village, Cam Thanh Coconut village and Tra Que Village The Countryside Bike Tour takes you along scenic paths across a nature reserve and through picturesque ...
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEOS
Free tour to Kim Bong village
Hoi An Food Tour by Motorbike
WHAT TRAVELLERS SAY ABOUT US
"Highly recommended way of seeing the life of Vietnamese through Vietnamese university students!"
Had an enjoyable Day today following them. Even though their English competency was lacking, they made it up with a lot of effort and heart! Definitely something I would recommend to everyone else. Unlike other tours, it is really Free. We tried to tip them at the end But They rejected our tips! Definitely nice friendly people.
Alwin T, visited June 2013.
More reviews on TripAdvisor.